Tuesday 26 July 2011

Flight over the Bungle Bungles

Firstly I have to apologise for my vidoes on my last post.  As I said am still learning to Blog & now know how to send a video.
The alarm was set for 4:45am on Friday morning to meet the bus outside the Van Park at 5:15am & off to the Kununarra Airport to do the Sunrise Flight over Kununarra, Lake Argyle, Argyle Diamond Mine, Bungle Bungles and some large Cattle Stations for 2 hours and then back to the Ivanhoe Cafe for a cooked breakfast & coffee under the trees.   The plane below is our small 8 seater plane "Alison-Jane", our pilot was Ken & Tony volunteered to be the co-pilot.  He was quite excited to be sitting up the front but I was a little nervous as I was at the back with another female & had no-one to grab if I was worried!  



 
After a beautfiul sunset on take off we flew over Lake Argyle.   The small buildings dotted on the top of this hill is our camp where we stayed in Lake Argyle.    Ozzie & Maria (friends from Black Point) were staying here the day we flew over, but think they would still have been alseep as we passed over their camp!


 This photo does't do the Bungles justice, but the colours and shapes were spectacular and were exactly how we imagined they would look.  

After our flight we were taken to the Ivonhoe Cafe for a cooked breakfast & coffee ... nice way to end the morning!







I now have to confess that the 3 photos of our plane trip have been downloaded by some friends of ours on the same tour.... 

I think getting up so early had something to do with it.......Tony forgot the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment