Sunday 21 August 2011

Quondong Beach

We finally have internet & phone service again.     We have been camping in some great areas for the last 2 weeks but have had no service or internet so have a lot of blogging to do.........emails, phone calls etc.
(I am writing this from Point Sampson)

After travelling along the Cape Le Veque Road on a corrugated, red dirt road for about 10 kms, we finally arrived at Quondong Beach.  This is a free camp on top of cliffs overlooking a beautiful surf beach so were self sufficient with water, batteries & luckily toilet & shower in the van.    Unfortunately for me, I didn't see much of this beach but it was a great place to rest.   From the moment I arrived I started feeling very sick (no vomitting or dirrohea) but quite ill and huge headache.   Didn't eat for 2 days but slept the whole time we were there....... lucky Tony had Maria & Ossie for company.....   Judging by the empty bottles when we left I don't think they missed me at all!!!

Tony & I are camped on the left & Maria & Ossie are hidden between the trees.   The surf beach was directly in front of us & I believe Tony & Ossie tried their hand at fishing with no luck!











The beautiful sunset I missed.......












Now on our way to Broome!

No comments:

Post a Comment